Life With 700 Wives ~ another school post

This is another assignment for Ancient Civilizations. It is written by Solomon and for the full effect, must be read very exasperatedly (that may not be a word, not sure). This was so much fun to write and was written more recently - 3 years ago.

    You would NOT believe what it is like to live with 700 wives. They nag and whine all day.
One wants me to worship Baal with her; another wants me to worship Ra! It is ridiculous. Not only that, but the noise in the palace is tremendous. They talk all day and all night. I hear them in my study, in the throne room, and even in my dreams! My wives are constantly wanting me to spend money on them too. They all want temples and altars to their gods. I have to import the most expensive silks and perfumes, the finest foods and spices, and - here is the worst of it - my palace is overrun with exotic animals. Monkeys screech in the rafters, peacocks strut around the courtyards, elephants trumpet in my royal gardens and, oh, my head hurts just to think about it. Are allies worth my headaches? I mean, they are all beautiful (after all, only the best for a king), but they are soooooooo annoying and demanding. They act like spoiled teenagers. Solomon this, Solomon that, Solomon, Solomon, Solomon! I have had enough I tell you, ENOUGH!

                                                   Well journal, thanks for letting me rant. Good night.
                                                                          Solomon (the wise)

Comments

Popular Posts