I just had an AMAZING weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This past weekend was our yearly SpringHill trip. I was dead tired, sore, and my feet hurt, but it was a blast!!! Here is a quick recap:

 Friday
  • Packed up the cars and hit the road. My car played Mad Gab and our home-made version of "Name That Tune". 
  • First session. The band was called The Great Romance and they were pretty good. Our speaker was Bryan Jones. 
Saturday
  • Broomball first thing. We won 5-0! Our defense was pretty much unstoppable and we had a great goalie. However, he was bored the first game because the ball never came close to him :)
  • Random fact: the food at SpringHill is really good
  • 6 of us went horseback riding. That was really fun. We are walking this trail, it is almost completely silent, and the world is just white in every direction. It was so peaceful and beautiful. 
  • Our second broomball game we won also 4-0.  That earned us a straight shot to semi-finals; the farthest we've ever gone. 
  • Day and night tubing. Tubing might be the best activity there. 
  • I did the high ropes course (it's indoors). That was fun until I got to these rope swings that I had to cross. I was sweating and shaking so bad when I got off  that I just went down :)
  • During the night session, someone proposed to his girlfriend on stage!!!!! It was awesome and everyone stood up and cheered; probably the loudest we were all weekend.
Sunday
  • Semi-finals. We played the whole game (4 quarters) with no score, a shoot-out with no score, so our leaders played rock, paper, scissors and we lost. Our boys were really upset, but we played really well, went really far, and honestly, we really should have won (we got a goal that the ref didn't count). We worked really well as a team so that was really great. 
  • Played some games. I watched my brother play ga-ga and he actually won a game after only learning how to play on Saturday! 
  • It was one of our girls' birthday and so we sang to her at breakfast (some others joined in too), at lunch because her mom sent cupcakes along, and then, the broomball correspondent got almost the whole cafeteria to come surround her and sang to her. It was awesome, but I was glad it wasn't me :)
 If you ever have a chance to go to SpringHill, you should. Here is our weekend recap video and the broomball highlights video. The two guys pretending to shoot a deer are two of our guys (we were Team Deer) and the girl who says it's fun to watch us fall down is one of our girls. 

Broomball

 Highlight video

Comments

Popular Posts