Great summer reading!

Need some good reading for the summer? Here are two books I highly recommend. 

1) Code Talker by Chester Nez with Judith Schiess Avila. This book is an amazing account of one of the Navajo Code Talkers. I found out about them on our trip out west. There are bad words, so it is for older kids (or maybe ask your parents first. If they ask me, I can tell them what kinds of words if that makes a difference. I don't want to get anyone in trouble :). But, it is an awesome way to learn about history and WWII. Chester Nez just died at age 93. The book is his memior.

2) I recently read this awesome new book called "Keeper of the Lost Cities" by Shannon Messenger. This book is especially great because it contains no objectionable language or other content that is so prevalent in new books. Both my brother and I read it and we couldn't put it down! I highly recommend it.

Hope you have a great summer!

Comments

Popular Posts