Refuge for the Archeologist by Danielle Grandinetti // Book Review

 


 

 

AVAILABLE NOW!!!!

 

Will uncovering the truth set them free or destroy what they hold most dear?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 My Review

4.5 stars

Cora and Silas captured me. I connected to them and their story so much more than David and Adaleigh, who I liked a lot, but it's unusual for me to be more drawn to the second book in a series. Silas' heart, humility, and loyalty were amazing. Cora's understanding was inspiring. I thought that the archeology angle was really cool and the mysteries were rather surprising. There were aspects that felt like National Treasure and I really liked that.

This book has a lot of heart. Both Cora and Silas learn things about themselves and each of them helps the other see themself in a new and truer light. I think that's what good relationships do.

I said that I was captured by Cora and Silas but not only them. Tante and the girls were almost as precious as our MCs. The scene with Nettie by the lake was so touching. If I wasn't hooked before then, that did it for me.

While I'm not sure this was supposed to be a main theme, something that really stood out to me was the theme of not not trusting someone just because they are similar to other untrustworthy people. It makes sense to be wary if all your interactions with a group of people have been bad but it's not good to just write them all off completely because there are always exceptions. I think that's something we can all be reminded of.



I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for a review. All opinions are my own and a favorable review was not required. 

 




 

Comments

Popular Posts