The "Once Upon A Time" Book Tag


I can't resist a good book tag :) They're just too fun and I like the way they make me think about my books in new ways. i09


The Rules

  • thank the person who tagged you (Thanks, Liesl!)
  • use the tag graphic above (optional) 
  • name a book for each of the following 12 categories
  • tag as many people as you would like

 

The Fairytales

 

 

 

Cinderella: A Book That Changed Your Life

A lot of books help me process things or look at things in my own life differently but only two books came to mind when I thought of books that actually sparked change in my life. I picked INWYT because it's the book that has impacted me the longest and really, it was mainly one chapter on Sabbath that sparked a change in my life. More recently I read "The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry" by John Mark Comer and that prompted some changes as well. 




Sleeping Beauty: A Book That Took You Forever To Finish

We have to qualify "forever". Because there are books that I put down for months at a time. I felt like I
needed to list these three because they took me a long time for different reasons but I was consistently working on them. 

Bonhoeffer is one of my favorite non-fiction books but it is HUGE and since it includes a lot of this thought processes and theology, it requires slow going and time to really think about things. 

The Hobbit took me forever because I didn't like it. I don't know if I can even bring myself to try it again, the negative feelings are so strong.

Lord of the Rings took me forever because of the sheer volume. And The Two Towers was slow.


 

 

A Thousand And One Nights: A Book You Couldn't Stop Reading

There are many, many books that I stay up too late reading but whenever I get a new book of Ilyon Chronicles (which are all released now) or Keeper of the Lost Cities, I literally carve out a day to read it. I don't always get a whole day uninterrupted and sometimes it takes me part of the next day, but I plan on just reading the book because once you start you just can't stop.




 

 

Little Red Riding Hood: A Book You Recently Read In An Unfamiliar Genre

I am a creature of habit. I pretty much know what I like and what I don't like at this point in my life when it comes to books. However, I did recently discover that there are time-slip books I do like so I can find new genres I like. I don't read much YA, particularly secular YA, but I read this one because my friend and I were at the library and she said that not only did she love this author, but this was her favorite book. So I tried it. I was not a fan but we had some good discussion about it and it helped me understand my friend a little bit better. 



 

 

 The Wild Swans: A Book With Your Favorite Sibling Relationships

This series revolves around a family with eight kids and I just love their relationships, especially the youngest two. They remind me of the youngest two kids in a family l know and I also love how the older kids relate to the youngest two. But the whole family supports each other and calls each other out and it's just really beautiful. 





 

 

 

Snow White: A Book Filled With Beautiful Prose

I didn't know if I'd have one for this since I don't like poetry but then I remembered this book. I was struck again and again by the beauty of the writing. 







 

 

Rapunzel: A Book That You Procrastinated On Reading After Buying (Knowing The Holy Spirit)

I don't normally procrastinate on reading books but since I read non-fiction so slowly and I have to be in the mood, those are the books that end up languishing on my shelves. I have a couple that stare at me every day. They're mocking me, I think. (I still haven't read this one.)





The Little Mermaid: A Book That Took You On A Magical Journey

It's slightly cheating because I'm including the whole series but honestly, you need all three for the magical journey. These books are so unique and amazing and if you haven't heard of them, go look them up and read them.


 

 

The Frog Prince: A Book That Made You Want To Turn Into A Frog Because You Hated It So Much

This is one of only eight books I gave one star. I didn't even write a review so I don't remember for certain why I disliked it so much, but I did. I'm not sure why I didn't give it zero stars, unless I just didn't know back then that I could do that. 





 

 

Peter Pan: A Book That Reminds You Of Your Childhood

We used to get this book and it's tape out of the library and listen to it over and over again. The narrator was great and the best part was "KA-POM! Down went Anansi." Even my parents liked this book on tape and we kids thought it was hilarious. Sadly, we have not been able to find a copy that is affordable and also the right narrator.






 

 The Goose Girl: A Book You Had Low Expectations For But Ended Up Loving

I have never been a fan of time-slip novels but I read "The Paris Dressmaker" by the same author and it was so good that I had to try another book by her. I was intrigued by the premise of this one and it was well worth it. I read the two sequels and they were good too, but not as good as this one. I've since read it again!

 

 

Hansel & Gretel: A Book That Made You Hungry


I'm not sure a book has ever really made me hungry. But I was scrolling through Goodreads and found this book, which features chocolate, so I probably wanted to eat chocolate while I was reading it.






I honestly thought this would be way harder than it was, but the hard thing was picking just one book for many of these categories! People are so clever and I'm thankful that Liesl does these tags so I can learn about them and do them too :) I'm going to say, "TAG! You're it!" to anyone who wants to do this.




Comments

Popular Posts