Five "Kids" Go To Frankenmuth

 

Sounds like the beginning of a joke, doesn't it? Nope! Just my brothers and I going to spend the day in one amazing place with some friends!

I love Frankenmuth! I love the beautiful buildings, the shops, and the history. I love visiting Bronner's and eating crepes and just spending the day in the town. There is so much to see and do, even if all you're doing is looking!

Last weekend, my brothers and I drove there with two of our friends for a fun "kid" day. We got the pleasure of introducing them to Bronner's and we did a fun scavenger hunt that I found online. We searched for and found the Lost Snowflake letterbox, ate a picnic lunch, and attempted to find another letterbox but we had more important things to do than search for too long.

We spent a lot of time walking around the River Place Shops, got delicious dessert crepes at La Crepe du Jour, and got to see some fudge being made at the Frankenmuth Fudge Kitchen. We ran out of time so we have decided that we'll need to back again sometime!

Probably the funniest part of the day was when my brother decided to try the hottest hot sauce known to man. (For those to whom this means something, I believe it was 8 million sku). My brothers and their spicy/hot things.

To complete the experience, I have to mention that we had quite the concerts on our drives. We like our music, that's for sure :)

I made it a goal to take photos of this outing. You might think that sounds silly because I'm a photographer but when it comes to me going out and doing things, I am TERRIBLE at documenting it! Part of this is camera shyness but it's also because I just don't think about it. I'm with friends and doing things, not being on my phone. Documenting takes away presence and so I try to spend more time being present than documenting. But I think I struck a pretty good balance this time! I also got to check two things off of my summer bucket list (Frankenmuth with these girls and a picnic)!!

Have you been to Frankenmuth? What are your favorite things to do/see there?

 





This drink was everything I hoped it would be! 
I want a case of them :)

Delicious dessert crepes from La Crepe du Jour!




 

Comments

Popular Posts