Present Danger by Elizabeth Goddard // Revell Reads Review

Join bestselling and award-winning author Elizabeth Goddard as she plunges you into a web of deceit made of hidden crimes, open threats, and long-buried family secrets in this gripping first book of an explosive new series. (You can read the book description here if you are so inclined :)

 

 My Review

A suspense novel that spans thousands of miles and a couple of dozen years (at least). The web is tangled and I kept being surprised! All the layers added to the intrigue. New identities had me confused slightly and there was a lot of intertwining of why certain characters were out to get others. It's hard to say much without spoiling but I was definitely surprised at the turn of events!!


The archeology aspect was cool; I didn't know that was a job in our park system. I also loved Jack's care for his aunt. I feel bad for all that Terra's family endured but I think they're going to be okay. Honestly, I don't know what I think about her grandfather and Owen. They didn't have a ton of development. I think there could be more done if the other books were still about Terra but they aren't so we'll leave it as it is.

It was nice to tie in Liam and Rae. I love when characters from other series show up in new books. So fun. I also want to know what is up with the name "Jack". So many authors seem to be using it and it's been the main guy's name in several of the last books I've read. Odd.

Thanks to NetGalley and Revell for a copy. All opinions are my own and a favorable review was not required.

 

Comments

Popular Posts