Network Of Deceit by Tom Threadgill // Revell Reads Review

Amara Alvarez's first case as a homicide detective drags her into the murky world of computer hackers. When she finds herself under attack by cybercriminals, she has no choice but to use unconventional methods to expose the truth and find a killer.
 

 

 

 

 My Review

3.5 stars

What do I say about this book? It was interesting, but not super engaging. I wanted to figure out the case with Amara, but there wasn't urgency or suspense. The romance and family angle was almost... a distraction? And then we had a perp who wasn't who they said they were and that was left hanging and unresolved. I could follow the threads of the investigation but they also didn't quite work. The motives and the why were weak in my opinion. I did smile and chuckle a few times at the banter between Amara and Starksy so that was nice.

I felt like this book was a bridge. While there isn't technically a series, we are clearly after "Collision of Lies" and Threadgill is setting us up for at least one more book. And that seemed to come through. Like this was a story just to get us from book one to book three. I didn't dislike it, but I didn't love it either. It could have been better but it could have been worse.

Thanks to Revell and NetGalley for a copy of the book. All opinions are my own and a favorable review was not required. 

Comments

Popular Posts