A Dream Within A Dream - Mike Nappa & Melissa Kosci // Revell Reads Review


When a troubled young man who goes by Dream tries to kidnap private investigator Trudi Coffey, she discovers he may be the key to solving one of the greatest unsolved art heists in history.






MY REVIEW

It's been quite a while since I read books one and two in this series and I don't remember them all that well but thankfully they weren't super necessary to this story. I also didn't love the first two books that I remember. They were interesting but I was not as into them as my friends were (who were the reason I read them in the first place). This book, however, was captivating! Much more spy-like and mysterious and thrilling!

Trudi and Samuel are an interesting pair. While I totally understand where Trudi is coming from, seeing how they interact together makes me totally root for them to fully get back together!!! This book, even more so.

There are three storylines - Trudi, Samuel, & Dream - and two main plots that deal with two different bad guys. Yeah, it gets a little complicated. With all that is going on, I felt like things didn't get fleshed out as much as they could have. I kept waiting for a great revelation for Dream where we got a full explanation and that never happened. A certain betrayal was surprising but a little out of the blue. Despite a lack of answers and kind of a anti-climactic (in a way) ending, I really enjoyed the chase of the story. I'm pretty sure (and VERY hopeful) that this is not the last book. That ending totally seemed to be a "part 1". I just hope it's not too long in coming.

It's really hard to give a review with no spoilers so this is kind of vague but maybe it intrigues you just enough that you'll have to go read it yourself!

Many thanks to Revell for a copy. All opinions are my own and a favorable review was not required.

Comments

Popular Posts