Black Friday Indie Book Tour - Author Interview // Kendra E. Ardnek


There is a HUGE Black Friday Indie Book Sale going on until Monday. I had the pleasure of interviewing one of the participating authors, Kendra E. Ardnek. I'm never quite sure what to ask in interviews, but these questions got some really fun and interesting responses!


Smylinggirl: What is your favorite thing about being a writer?
Kendra: I get to build worlds out of words, and it is awesome.
SG: What a cool way to look at it!

SG:Who are your author inspirations?
K: C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, L. Frank Baum, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Gail Carsen Levine, Jaye L. Knight, and a couple others that I’m not calling off of the top of my head.
SG: Ahh, some of my childhood authors! We have similar tastes in books apparently :)

SG: Do you have any writing quirks (i.e. have to be in a certain place, need specific drinks, listen to music)?
K: I push everything to the last moment because I have no sense of time management. Um. Maybe the fact that I have no focus and will switch between writing on my computer, my phone, and writing in notebooks at whim? 
SG: I'm a bit of a procrastinator myself.

SG: What was the strangest inspiration for a story?
K: I needed a means to kidnap a character, so I asked my baby sister who was two at the time. Her answer? A “biddo” and a “bidda!” Which we translated into a Big Dog and a Big Doll. ‘Twas Fun.
SG: That's so fun! I love it!

SG: Do you have a favorite character that you've written?
K: I have two. Laura the Doorkeeper, a character who one of my readers describes as the Doctor, the TARDIS, and River Song all rolled into one, terribly fun, and then Maryanne, a multilinguist who’ve I’ve only just been able to officially write about, but she’s still so much fun. 
SG: Very neat. Wow, Laura sounds very interesting for sure. 

Kendra, thank you so much for participating in the Black Friday Indie Book Sale and I hope your books find lots of new homes and hearts through this sale! It was a pleasure interviewing you!

I'll be back on Monday with a post about the sale itself!


 Author Bio
Kendra E. Ardnek loves fairytales and twisting them in new and exciting ways. 
She's been writing or acting them on her dozen plus cousins and siblings for years. 
"Finish your story, Kendra," is frequently heard at family gatherings. 
Her sole life goal has always been to grow up and be an author of fantasy and children's tales that glorify God and His Word.
Find her online at: Website || Blog || Goodreads || Facebook || Twitter || YouTube || Newsletter 

Comments

Popular Posts