Why I Love Detroit ~ a link-up post

               Something Beautiful


This is my first link-up with other bloggers and I am super excited about it! I was told to write about why I love Detroit so here it goes. Since I love lists, this post will be a point by point list of reasons.
  • Detroit is in the great state of Michigan! 
  • Probably the most simple reason is I live here. I mean, people generally like wherever it is they live right? 
  • It's super fun to have the bridge to Canada. I've been to a foreign country ;)
  • The Detroit Tigers!!!!!!!!!!! I am totally obsessed with the Tigers and am so proud to live in a city with such a great baseball team. And I hear our hockey team is pretty fantastic too. 
  • Henry Ford and the Ford Motor Company.
  • Home of Greenfield Village and the Henry Ford Museum. People come from all over the U.S and Canada to visit. 
  • Hines Drive parks. Seriously, Hines has two of my favorite parks (read "playgrounds") I've ever been to. Really cool equipment.  
  • Downtown Northville - this is obviously not in "Detroit" but it is in the Metro-Detroit Area and I could literally spend all day here. Cute little shops with everything you could imagine and cute little restaurants. I love The Next Chapter, which is a bookstore and cafe. If you love scrapbooking, go to The Stamp Peddler. If you are in the area and have time, go check out Downtown Northville. 
What's really funny though, is how you get complacent when it's just "where you live". This has been really fun and made me really take a look at why I love living here. Now I'm inspired to post about why I love my state, so check back soon! Thanks for reading. Now please go see what other awesome bloggers have to say about this city at this link: http://recklessinyourlove.blogspot.com
 

    Comments

    1. I never realized what a big deal Greenfield Village and the Henry Ford were until I visited recently and heard about people driving across the country to see it. We're so lucky to have it close by! Thanks for linking up :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I know; it's just there. Thanks for inviting me.

        Delete
    2. I love Hines! During cross country season, we run on Hines every single day and I love it! It's so nice to have such an awesome paved path right in the middle of city life. And the Stamp Peddler is great! I could spend hours in there. Thanks for linking up with us!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you so much for inviting me. I loved your post and all the other posts too. Now I want to go to Belle Isle because of you and Allie.

        Delete
    3. Great post,so many new places I need to visit!

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Popular Posts