College Life // Interview With Molly

My friends are doing really different and interesting approaches to the "college years". I thought it would be cool to interview them and find out a little more about what exactly they're up to now. 


First up is my friend Molly. We've been friends for something like twelve years and she is one of the most wonderful people I know. She has a very strong faith and that is playing a big part in her plans for college. But I'll let her tell you all about that. 

Welcome to the blog, Molly! We'll start out with an introduction question: What would you like readers to know about you?

M: Hello! One important fact about me is that I'm actually a unicorn. This fact doesn't help you much in everyday life though, so I'll provide some more practical information. I'm 21 years old, obsessed with dogs, and overwhelmingly thankful that God allows me to be involved in His work in the world. He doesn't need me, but somehow He wants me, and that blows my mind!

SG: Tenth Avenue North reference there ;) Yeah, that pretty much sums you up with the goofiness and seriousness intertwined. Next question is, well, it's more of a statement. "Describe your educational journey".

M: I was homeschooled all through high school. Once I was in high school, I started taking a few CLEP tests (basically studying a subject and then taking a final exam for college credit). I only completed less than 20 credits that way during high school, and once I graduated, I spent a year getting deeply involved in our Middle School Ministry at my church. I realized that God was calling me to ministry and when I continued my college education, I pursued a degree in a ministry-related field rather than criminology as I had originally planned.

SG: I remember when you were going to do criminology. That was interesting. It's funny how God interrupts our plans, isn't it? You've alluded to this, but you've done a unique approach to college. Tell us about that.

M: Yes, so as I mentioned I did some CLEP exams in high school and continued that for a couple years after graduating. I love CLEP tests because they're pass/fail, which means that they don't affect my GPA at all lol. And they're way less expensive than classes.

SG: Time for your fangirl to show. Currently you're enrolled at Colorado Christian University. What are you studying and how has your experience been so far?

M: YES I LOVE CCU! I'm studying Organizational Management with a focus on Christian Leadership. It's been an incredible experience - my enrollment counselor, Student Services Advisor, and teachers have been some of the nicest people I've ever met. They encourage me, care about me, pray for me, and help me learn. Every class approaches the subject from a Christian perspective and provides God's thoughts on whatever we're studying. Absolutely love it.


SG: I'm thrilled that you love your school and your classes so much. That's so awesome. How did you end up picking CCU and your major? Did your major affect your choice of school?

M: My major did affect it! I had been looking at a similar degree program at a different school but they didn't have the exact major I wanted. I was hoping to find a school that offered my major, had a huge emphasis on Christ, and would allow me to transfer in a whole bunch of CLEP tests and complete my degree through an online degree completion program. I know, it sounds super specific! But God was faithful (as He always is) and after many months of prayer, I did a google search for Christian Online College one day and found CCU! As I read their information online, I realized that this school was literally exactly the way I'd design a school. I loved everything I read about it and I'm so glad God led me here! 

SG: That's really cool! So you're working on your major at CCU. What are your plans going forward with your education?

M: I plan to complete my degree in Organizational Management from CCU and complete my ministry residency internship program at my church. Once finished, I guess we'll just see where God leads! I'd love to pursue a Master's Degree in a ministry field, and God has hinted at some opportunities that may open up for that route. We'll see - it's so exciting to wait and see what God has planned because I know He will be faithful and I know I'll love the journey - it's what I was designed for! God is just so good, and my educational journey is testimony to that fact!

SG: What a cool story! It's so neat how even going to college can turn into a testimony. Thank you so much for coming on my blog and sharing this story. I can't wait to see where your journey leads!
 





 



Comments

Popular Posts