Solar Eclipse + Tennessee trip

Yes, I got to see the solar eclipse! We went down to Nashville to visit our friends and see the eclipse. It was spectacular. The funny thing was, I forgot that you have to take the camera filter off to photograph the totality, so it went dark and I'm calling, "Guys, I have nothing!" and fiddling with settings when my brother calls, "Take off the filter." Haha! Yeah, that would help.

Hopefully, I will be able to make a composite image of all the stages, but I may not have the software/technical knowledge yet.







 The above photo may be the diamond phenomenon. I didn't think I got it, but maybe.





My lovely set up!


On the way home, I got to experience a delicacy that I've never had before... a Cinnabon! It was very yummy and sugary :)



It's HUGE!


I also got to visit my friend and we spent several hours just talking. It's funny how we have gotten so much closer again and it took her moving 500 miles away :) But it's always nice to spend time together.

Comments

  1. Thanks for taking and posting these photos! They are much better than anything I could have taken, and since we were both in Tennessee, I feel that they accurately represent what I saw! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It was nice to see you guys for a few minutes.

      Delete
  2. Do you have any photos of totality that show Regulus? It is the brightest star in the constellation Leo, and it might have been visible to the upper left of the sun/moon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so, but I can email you all my totality pictures and you can look. The corona is pretty bright in most of my photos, so it might be blocking the star.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts