Singing In The Rain

The movie Singing In The Rain has been a family favorite for many years. My brothers and I used to die laughing at Cosmo's "Make 'em Laugh" scene and we can quote many lines. If you've never seen this movie, well, you need to. If you have, please enjoy these funny lines with me. 


Lina: Oh Donny! You couldn't kiss me like that and not mean it just a teensy bit!
Don Lockwood: Meet the greatest actor in the world! I'd rather kiss a tarantula.
Lina: You don't mean that.
Don Lockwood: I don't - - Hey Joe, get me a tarantula.

Don Lockwood: Cosmo, call me a cab.
Cosmo Brown: OK, you're a cab.

Cosmo Brown: Talking pictures, that means I'm out of a job. At last I can start suffering and write that symphony.
R.F. Simpson: You're not out of job, we're putting you in as head of our new music department.
Cosmo Brown: Oh, thanks, R.F.! At last I can stop suffering and write that symphony.

Cosmo Brown: Short people have long faces, and long people have short faces. Big people have little humor, and little people have no humor at all.

Don Lockwood: [while filming a love scene] Why, you rattlesnake! You got that poor kid fired.
Lina Lamont: That's not all I'm gonna do if I ever get my hands on her.
Don Lockwood: I never heard of anything so low. Why did you do it?
Lina Lamont: Because you liked her. I could tell.
Don Lockwood: So that's it. Believe me, I don't like her half as much as I hate you, you reptile.
Lina Lamont: Sticks and stones may break my bones...
Don Lockwood: I'd like to break every bone in your body.
Lina Lamont: You and who else, you big lummox?

Don Lockwood: Now Lina, you've been reading all those fan magazines again! Now look Lina, you shouldn't believe all that banana oil Dora Bailey and the columnists dish out. Now try to get this straight: there is nothing between us. There has never been anything between us. Just air.
Lina: Oh, Donny, you don't mean that.
Lina Lamont: What do they think I am? Dumb or something? Why, I make more money than - than - than Calvin Coolidge! Put together!

Cosmo Brown: [to Kathy Seldon] Gee, I'm glad you turned up, we've been looking inside every cake in town. 

R.F. Simpson: Don, it'll be a sensation! "Lamont and Lockwood: they talk!"
Lina: [with a voice to peel paint] Well of *course* we talk. Don't everybody?

[after Cosmo's car breaks down]
Don Lockwood: Don't tell me, it's a flat tire.
Cosmo Brown: I can't undertand it. This car hasn't given me a lick of trouble in nearly 6 hours.

[after Don shows up late for a party]
Cosmo Brown: Don, how did you come, by way of Australia?

Don Lockwood: Tell me the truth, am I a good actor?
Cosmo Brown: As long as I'm working for Monumental Pictures, you're the greatest of 'em all.

Don Lockwood: What's the matter with that girl [Lina]? Can't she take a gentle hint?
Cosmo Brown: Well haven't ya heard? She's irresistible. She told me so herself.

[after Cosmo gives a good idea]
R.F. Simpson: Cosmo, remind me to give you a raise.
[turns around]
Cosmo Brown: Oh, R.F.
R.F. Simpson: Yes?
Cosmo Brown: Give me a raise.

Cosmo Brown: The price of fame. You've got the glory, you gotta take the little heartaches that go with it. Now look at me: I've got no fame, I've got no glory, I've got no big mansions, I've got no money! But I've got - what have I got?
Don Lockwood: I don't know, what have you got?
Cosmo Brown: I gotta get out of here.

Comments

Popular Posts